Sales Manager Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Sales Manager Interview Questions in New York City, NY

"As a sales manager, it's your job to guide your team to success by setting appropriate quotas and goals, building sales plans, establishing training programs, and and developing sales strategies. Employers are looking for candidates who are skilled negotiators, planners, and leaders. In an interview, come ready to discuss your management style and how you've closed sales in the past. Excelling in sales is all about delivering superb customer service, so be prepared to offer a sales pitch on the spot or answer a scenario question about handling tough customers."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you feel about selling cigarettes?

2 Answers

I compared marketing their product to selling beer, wine and liquor. Free will is left up to the customer, and as long as a product is legal, I have no issue with providing it to the general public. I added much more personal information, but you get the idea.

I am sorry that it did not come up to your expectation. All you can do is learn from the experience and move on. Get tips from other professionals you trust and ask them for constructive criticism. Believe me, we have all had those kind of experiences.

Can I reschedule with you? Can I get back to you?

1 Answer

None. The interviewer was going thru the motions.

1 Answer

What style of selling do you advocate?

1 Answer

What are you seeking from this job?

whats on my ipod

1 Answer

What was the hardest account you had to secure

1 Answer

about my recent sales experience

1 Answer

A question around coworkers using non authorized means to achieve good results and what you would do about it. That want to see if you would rat them out or try and work it out without management getting involved

2 Answers