Scientist Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Scientist Interview Questions in New York City, NY

"The questions you are asked in an interview for a position as a scientist will depend greatly on field of science you intend to work in. Generally, interviewers will be interested in your formal education, field of study and specialization, work, internship, and research experience, scientific writing skills, and interest in the subject matter. Expect to be asked technical questions that pertain to the knowledge needed to perform the duties of the job. While there are some positions open to scientists who possess associates' or bachelors' degrees, most jobs will require you to have at least a masters' degree with the majority requiring you to have a doctorate."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why Regeneron? Are you prepared for a job or a career? What unique lab skills will you bring to the department?

1 Answer

Why Regeneron? - "a stable company working on pharmaceuticals" Are you prepared for a job or a career? - "that should be evident from the resume, and it was your job to read it" What unique lab skills will you bring to the department?" - "I do not know ppl's skills in the department, so how I know mine are unique? you can tell and I cannot"

explain regardingReversed-phase chromatography (RPC)

2 Answers

Name the phases to and the reagents required for a PCR reaction.

1 Answer

I was asked about my boyfriend/husband, family, which I thought was unusual.

1 Answer

how did you hear about us

1 Answer

Do you like beer or wine more?

1 Answer

Why did I apply to this job

1 Answer

can you draw mechanism on board?

1 Answer

Bayes' Formular: Marbles: There are 30 red marbles and 10 black marbles in Urn #1. You have 20 red and 20 Black marbles in Urn 2. Randomly you pull a marble from the random urn and find that it is red. What is the probability that it was pulled from Urn #1

3 Answers

Two random cards numbered from 1,2...100 are pulled from the deck. What is the probability that one number doubles the other from the deck.

3 Answers