Social Media Manager Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor
Social Media Manager Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Social Media Manager Interview Questions in New York City, NY

When interviewing you as social media manager, employers want to assess your technical skills with social media communication and monitoring technologies and your "soft skills" in terms creating compelling social campaigns and being the voice of the brand. Expect lots of questions about how you use technologies and lots of hypotheticals about how you would handle different difficult situations. Employers will also ask about successful campaigns that you ran, and how you demonstrated success.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me about yourself

1 Answer

Discussed my background, skill set, work style, past projects I've done and the importance of working autonomously as more of a project manager.

Why should I hire you?

1 Answer

Most were easy. How do you measure ROI.

1 Answer

I was asked to submit a social media strategy and sample posts for several of Mindspark's brands. I have no idea what happened to that information after my six interviews, as no one at the company ever contacted me again, despite being told I would hear information -- good or bad -- "in the next few days."

1 Answer

Very standard job questions pertaining to the postion.

What changes would you make to our instagram account?

Where do you see the market and yourself in 5 years?

1 Answer

We discussed my experience with digital agencies and influencer marketing tools

Basic questions: tell me about your experience managing communities/campaigns, etc.