Social Media Specialist Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Social Media Specialist Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Social media specialist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What social platform would we invest most into if I had to pick one?

1 Answer

I said it depends on your goals as an organization and who you're most greatly trying to reach. If you're trying to reach people over 40, Facebook and Twitter would be the best places. If you want to reach Millenials or younger, IG and SC would be your best bet. And depending on what kind of content we're creating, YouTube could be a powerful tool for us... etc. At this point, I think they realized they weren't sure if I was right and started acting strangely.

What is the correlation between social media and SEO?

1 Answer

The first interview asked questions about my educational background and past leadership experiences. The second interview was really so they could get to know me better. I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

how long have i done social work for and in what fields are my specialties. I then was asked what skill set i view as my best. They asked about my portfolio too.

What is your experience with social media? What blogs do you follow?

What kind of clients are you currently working on?

Are you comfortable setting boundaries and telling people-- even senior managers-- no when it comes to social media content if you believe it's inappropriate or off-base?