Social Worker Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Social Worker

Social Worker Interview Questions in New York City, NY

"Social workers bring their passion and commitment to work as they help build stronger communities, families, and individuals. During the interview process be prepared to discuss case studies in which tough decisions need to made as well as what drives you to help others. Employers look for resilient individuals with strong communication skills who bring passion to the job. You will need a bachelor's degree in social work or a related field, and in some cases a state license."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

They asked me if I can choose to do anything, putting money aside, what do I see myself doing?

1 Answer

I answered by describing what I wanted to feel and how I envisioned success, in conjunction with how I can serve others.

The most difficult question was what I did when I was unemployed (took care of my children, volunteer work).

1 Answer

Describe your work ethic .

1 Answer

If your employer informed you that there was an impending audit, what would be the first three things you would work on.

1 Answer

Dealing with difficult clients.

1 Answer

What's wrong with you? (I think they asked it in a better way, like what are you not good at or would like to learn to be better at)

1 Answer

When were you a poor communicator? How did you know? What did you do?

1 Answer

The Program Director went through my resume and gave me the opportunity to demonstrate how the skills I had developed could be put to use in the position being offered. We had a good give and take about their client base, and what they needed in the person who they would hire. She gave me a hypothetical situation about a gay couple that wanted to adopt a child, and asked how I would handle it.

1 Answer

What would you bring to this setting that will make it thrive and improve the treatment of our patients