Social Worker Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Social Worker

Social Worker Interview Questions in New York City, NY

"Social workers bring their passion and commitment to work as they help build stronger communities, families, and individuals. During the interview process be prepared to discuss case studies in which tough decisions need to made as well as what drives you to help others. Employers look for resilient individuals with strong communication skills who bring passion to the job. You will need a bachelor's degree in social work or a related field, and in some cases a state license."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What populations are you interested in working with?

Describe yourself

1 Answer

Tell us about a client who changed your perspective on social work, etc.

How would your previous work (internship) experiences help you in this kind of acute, crisis-oriented setting? How do you manage under a crisis (client-related) at work? And provide an example of one. Tell us about a notable accomplishment you had in the past in any of your professional experiences. What is your experience working with a interdisciplinary team? If you don't have any, describe to us some of the difficulties you think might arise. What are some of the difficulties you faced when working as a group?

Was I only interested in attaining this position in order to be in a future leadership position at the school

1 Answer

Why do you want to work with the population