Staff accountant Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Staff accountant Interview Questions in New York City, NY

"As a staff accountant, you'll be responsible for working with clients to manage their finances. Employers are looking for candidates with excellent communication skills, a strong attention to detail, and experience handling financial data. Be prepared to answer technical questions that will test your knowledge of accounting as well as some behavioral questions about your ability to manage projects and meet deadlines."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

This company will not consider you if you don’t reply with salary requirements.

3 Answers

Although I did provide the salary requirements letter they considered me but their interview process was unprofessional.

We do not have a location in New York, NY

My requirement is the range 37000 to 39000

Do I have a problem working late hours?

2 Answers

tell your strengths.

Tell about yourself

1 Answer

What is your fathers profession?

1 Answer

Asked if I worked a busy season? Do you know about xyz accounting software and have you ever used it?

1 Answer

What was a difficult 1040 issue that required you to do research? Do you know the job description you applied to?

1 Answer

If you were doing a bank reconciliation & ran into a problem, how would you handle it?

1 Answer

Tell me a little bit about your background.

1 Answer

1) Tell me about yourself 2) Why is your GPA not on here? 3) Why our company? Why not a larger firm/small firm? 4) Do you like working in teams or independently? 5) What do you think about evaluations/constructive criticism/montly reviews? 6) Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years? 7) Tell me about a time you had to work in group 8) What did you do when you were proposed with a difficult situation, and how did you handle it? 9) What do you do when you disagree with a team member? 10) Why public accounting and not private accounting?