Web Developer Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Web Developer Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Web developer interviews are heavy in technical questions. Expect questions that will test your understanding of relevant programming languages such JavaScript and CSS, general web functions, and design experience with web services like REST and SOAP. As a designer, you will likely be asked to show examples of past projects or websites.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is a JavaScript callback function?

5 Answers

5 vote down star 4 I understand passing in a function to another function as a callback and having it execute, but I'm not understanding the best implementation to do that. I'm looking for a very basic example, like this: var myCallBackExample = { myFirstFunction : function( param1, param2, callback ) { // Do something with param1 and param2. if ( arguments.length == 3 ) { // Execute callback function. // What is the "best" way to do this? } }, mySecondFunction : function() { myFirstFunction( false, true, function() { // When this anonymous function is called, execute it. }); } }; In myFirstFunction, if I do return new callback(), then it works and executes the anonymous function, but that doesn't seem like the correct approach to me.

I don't think Bloomberg is a very good company. I am an excellent web developer and have gotten multiple offers from other companies with big names, but was rejected by Bloomberg. They are too demanding during the job interview and it becomes a game of how well you can interview as opposed to how talented an employee you are and how much you can contribute to the growth of the company.

A callback function is a piece of JavaScript code that executes after the main function that the callback is attached to executes successfully.

Say there was a function that took 1 second to execute and you needed to run this function 10 million times, how would you cut down on the execution time?

1 Answer

Give me an example of what your present employer not doing right and how would you do it better?

2 Answers

1. How to display two block elements horizontally?

3 Answers

What most turns you off in a job?

2 Answers

What is your expected salary???

1 Answer

Write the javascript code on a piece of paper that produces the following output.

1 Answer

I was asked about the MVC pattern.

1 Answer

13. What do you see yourself in five years?

1 Answer

Why do you want to join Valley National Bank?