Customer Service Representative Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Customer Service Representative Interview Questions in New York, NY

"As the first point of contact between a company and the client, a customer service representative must have impeccable communication skills and conflict resolution abilities. Expect your interview to consist of a lot of role-play or ""describe a time when..."" questions that will test your ability to deal with irate clients, work well under pressure, and maintain a calm and professional composure. Make sure to come ready to provide a sales pitch of your company's product."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How many tennis balls are in this room and why?

14 Answers

There is no correct answer to this question. It's all based on your problem solving abilities.

The method for "solving" this involves making assumptions and then calculating an answer. The assumptions could be wrong, which isn't as important, and the interviewer will likely help guide your assumptions if they felt it was necessary. The assumptions here would be about the approximate size of a tennis ball, the approximate volume of the room, etc. Getting fancy, you might begin discussing how the weight of the tennis balls would begin compressing the lower levels, giving more potential room at the top, as well as how the second level of tennis balls would rest in a lattice structure on the first level, sitting in the gaps, and thus not being as high as simply multiplying the diameter of the tennis ball by 2 to get the height of two layers.

I agree with both prior posts. An interviewer asking this question is trying to determine your problem solving skils. The worst thing you could do is blurt out an actual number without explaining your thought process. I'm not sure the interviewer is as interested in the quantity as much as how you arrive at it. The worst answer "Wow, I have no idea".

Why is a man hole cover round?

9 Answers

Is it worth trying to work for this job?

2 Answers

What do I expect from them, experience

1 Answer

What do business owners value the most?

1 Answer

How you do you like Wal-Mart

1 Answer

What would you do if after a days shift you forgot to input a clients information and you were in transit on your way home?

1 Answer

What interested you in us ?

1 Answer

Was I able to foster good team work.

1 Answer

How do you handle difficult customers or situations?