Executive Assistant Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor
Executive Assistant Interview Questions in New York, NY

Executive Assistant Interview Questions in New York, NY

Like administrative assistants, executive assistants must demonstrate exceptional organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills. Executives are looking for candidates with impeccable written and oral abilities who can manage typical administrative software. Expect interviewers to ask how you would handle a variety of difficult situations, such as prioritizing multiple deadlines, working well in groups, and defusing irate people.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Really general questions. Describe a challenge you've overcome, etc. It was a very easy interview and despite being over qualified I never got any feedback or response. We discussed two roles as Assistant AE role and a regular AE role. She said she was going to share the notes with the hiring manager and would be in touch. I just reached out a month later and got a note back from her today that read verbatim "Thanks so much for reaching back out; I apologize I did not get back to you earlier. We actually filled this spot with an internal candidate so the position is now closed. I will keep your resume on file for future positions with TPN!"

1 Answer

Are you okay with taking a test?

1 Answer

Why I required the salary I was requesting.

1 Answer

Why our company? Who else are you interviewing with?

1 Answer

Why should we hire you over the other candidates?

1 Answer

The second man I met with told me not to get dressed up for interviews, "Nobody wears suits to interviews anymore."

1 Answer

I was asked to define each step and "click of the mouse" a person is required to take while setting up certain computer functions. I have over 15 years of C-Level support experience & never was asked such questions.

1 Answer

What do you eventually want to get into?

1 Answer

Name a time when you had to make a decision on your boss' behalf, even if you knew your boss wouldn't approve.

1 Answer

Give me a weakness that better not be a positive in any way!