Financial Analyst Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Financial Analyst

Financial Analyst Interview Questions in New York, NY

Financial Analyst Interview Questions in New York, NY

Interviewers will expect financial analyst candidates to be well-versed in financial markets, modeling, and analysis. Make sure you are comfortable with both micro and macroeconomics. In addition to highly technical questions, be ready to answer a few behavioral questions that will show off your communication and collaboration skills.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

3. Stock A has a volatility of 20%, B has a volatility of 30%, and their correlation coefficient is 50%. They have the same expect returns. Suppose we can buy x share of A, and 1-x share of B. Then what the x should be for us to invest to make our portfolio has the minimum volatility?

1 Answer

The vols add in quadrature, with the caveat that the interference term has the correlation factor in there. So: sig(port)^2 = x^2*sig(A)^2+(1-x)^2*sig(B)^2+2*x*(1-x)*sig(A)*sig(B)*rho(AB) Take the partial with respect to x and set that equal to zero. Solve for x and get: x = 6/7

Tell me about a time when you were working in a team and your opinion was challenged.

1 Answer

You are to write a method getMissingLetters, which takes a String, sentence, and returns all the letters it is missing (which prevent it from being a pangram)

9 Answers

You are not from a target school, what are you doing here?

5 Answers

what is the annge between hour and minute hand when it is 3:15?

3 Answers

If you were an object, what would you be?

3 Answers

You have a Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and a Cash Flow statement. If you could choose two out of the three statements, which two would you choose and why?

5 Answers

what is the relationship of treasuries and bonds...

2 Answers

why is beta important and where do you apply it...

2 Answers

how vol influence option price?