Mobile software engineer Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Mobile software engineer Interview Questions in New York, NY

mobile software engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

For my mobile focused interviews, I don't recall any questions that were intensely difficult.

1 Answer

As long as you have core competency in your field (Android, iOS, etc.) and are relatively up to date, you should be able to jump through any small hurdles the team puts up in front of you during the interview process.

You'll likely be doing a programming project to demonstrate your coding chops. In my case, it was to come up with a mobile app that translated English into Yoda speak (e.g. style that Yoda talks, hrr hrr hrr)

1 Answer

Very academic questions with no code tests to represent your skills

NDA

1 Answer

Binary search algorithm related problem

1 Answer

Here's the one "bigger" question I was asked by the hiring manager on-site: Given an array of strings, e.g.: NSArray * files = @"[@"file2", @"folder22", @"folder10", @"file1", @"folder100", … … …, nil]; Describe how you would write some kind of method or function that would sort the strings in a predictable manner (e.g. "file1", "file2", "folder2", "folder10", "folder100" instead of "folder10", "folder100", "folder2")

1 Answer

Why do you want to work for this company?

1 Answer

Did you create an automation testing for the exercise?

1 Answer

Can you handle the instability in a startup even though you come from a structured corporate environment?

1 Answer

Some game algorithm that moving direction turns left or right base on the color of current index.