Nurse Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Nurse Interview Questions in New York, NY

As nurses spend the majority of their days interacting with patients, employers are looking for candidates who can demonstrate strong interpersonal, teamwork, and conflict-management skills. Come ready to discuss a time you handled a tense patient or excelled under pressure. Employers will also expect candidates to have a robust knowledge of nursing practices, so expect to be quizzed on proper medical procedure and patient handling.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

If you are completely overwhelmed during the day with multiple discharges and admissions, tell me how you would prioritize your day.

1 Answer

I was somewhat stumped. Having such little information, I was left to say that I would simply prioritize based on the patients' acuity as well as do my best to ensure that anything I was doing wouldn't throw off the schedule of any other department in the hospital. I'm not sure how it went over. We'll see. It's only been a day and I haven't been contacted about an offer or anything to the contrary. But I left with generally positive feelings about the interview.

Please tell us the steps for a laporoscopic cholecystectomy from the patient is preped and draped.

1 Answer

If I am willing to accept a low base rate in a long-term facility

1 Answer

How do you handle delicate pressures?

1 Answer

Why am I changing careers in my nursing career?

1 Answer

I think that, due to the fact the working with this company was something I've been wanting to do since nursing school, there weren't any "unexpected" questions per se. I was already knowledgeable about the company , because I had "done my research" beforehand. - I should mention that the overall hiring process requires patience. It took about a week to hear back to see if I even got the position. I officially formally accepted the job offer, and I'm truly excited about it. I'm just still waiting to hear back about the final paperwork,(and results from my fingerprinting/drug screen etc.) Which seems to be about a 2 week wait, and then hopefully, I'll hear my official start date...but as they say "Good things come to those who wait." So my best advice is to have patience, I was grateful that they at least called me to formally offer me the position, so I wasn't on "pins and needles" anymore. EDIT: I'm now starting to understand what the other nurse who posted was saying. I managed to go through the drug test, fingerprint check etc. I even had my physical and the PPD, (which cost me 2 copays) and I STILL have yet to receive an actual start date from them. Although they are very nice to me. I have a friend that works here (different state though) but I'm going to ask them what's up.

1 Answer

How do you believe that you qualify for this position?

2 Answers

No difficult questions. Personality and scenario questions are asked where you will have to give examples to support your answers. Topics such as problems with a coworker? Visitors? What would you do if...? How would you handle certain situations. Questions are asked based on your previous work experiences as an NA.

1 Answer

Part of the test was a match-type questionnaire. Basically, on one side was a bunch of medications and on the other was the route it could be given (intravaginal, iv, subq, etc.)

1 Answer

The written test you take asks you to describe in your own words what your position is responsible for and duties you'll be providing, if hired.

110 of 422 Interview Questions