Project Manager Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Project Manager Interview Questions in New York, NY

As a project manager, it is your job to oversee the creation and execution of company projects and ensure that all team members stay on track to meet deadlines. Expect interview questions that will assess your ability to lead a group and communicate effectively to members with different roles and varying concerns. As the scope, schedule, and cost of a project can change frequently, the interviewer may ask you to role-play a few scenarios in which a project deadline changes or several group members leave the company.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

"name the 3 types matrices used to manage risk in a project using information taken from PMBOK (Project Management Book of Knowledge) "If you have 5 projects running concurrently, describe a single matrix that would easily show how each of those projects were doing"

3 Answers

For both of these questions, I told them if there was a single correct answer, I didn't know it...but I walked them through how I would handle each question.

Why is an Agile Project Manager interview based on the PMBOK? That's a really, really bad sign. :)

For the second question, I'd probably use either a cost/schedule variance chart... since you can't assume the same budget or schedule for any of the projects, variance against plan would likely be the best way to go.

How much do we need to pay you to make the switch?

3 Answers

Where I would best see myself within their company?

1 Answer

Would I be able to work on multiple projects at the same time?

1 Answer

Why am I looking for a new opportunity.

1 Answer

How do you manage conflicts and what techniques do you use?

salaray requests

1 Answer

Did Starbucks make a good move by introducing Via instant coffee?

1 Answer

Why would you want to work for an agency?

1 Answer

Where will you see your self in five years ?

110 of 1,116 Interview Questions