Receptionist Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Receptionist

Receptionist Interview Questions in New York, NY

Receptionists will be asked to take on a number of clerical roles in the office, including answering phone calls, scheduling appointments, and working face-to-face with customers. Employers are looking for candidates with excellent organizational skills and who knows how to maintain a positive, helpful attitude in the workplace. In an interview you may be asked about any bookkeeping or scheduling experience you have. Be prepared with personal anecdotes about instances when you assuaged a frustrated customer or worked around a scheduling conflict.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you handle a situation where you have a client who interrupt your existing interaction with a client?

25 Answers

I request the existing client to step aside momentarily which I then assess all my available resources to assist this client. Should it then become heated I attain a manager to resolve the situation.

I politely tell the client who interrupted to please standby and that I will be able to answer their questions/handle their issues shortly. If they need immediate attention I will call a member of the team to assist.

I apologize and ask him or her to please step in line and I’ll be right with them. If they interrupt I say understand completely and look for a manager. If there isn’t one available, I’d ask for the source of their urgency. If it’s just them being difficult without an interest in telling me their issue I’d tell them I’ll be with them shortly, I just have to help another customer. Really it helps to keep things short and simple, moving along as quickly as possible with other tasks at hand.

Do you have any experience?

3 Answers

Seems sketchy

1 Answer

Interviewer staring outside during the interview

1 Answer

What are you're interest in the company?

1 Answer

Are you prepared for overpowerment between employees and drama?

1 Answer

What makes you want to work here>

1 Answer

How many words per minute can you type?

1 Answer

Would I be up to cleaning the bathroom if need be?

1 Answer

What is your field of study & what do you plan on doing with that degree?

110 of 249 Interview Questions