Underwriter Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Underwriter Interview Questions in New York, NY

"Insurance companies depend on underwriters to review insurance applications and determine whether they qualify for acceptance. Employers are looking to hire candidates with strong analytical and organizational skills and experience with computer software. In an interview context, expect to answer technical questions such as evaluating risk as well as behavioral questions that will assess your ability to work on a team and resolve difficult problems. To test your quantitative skills, an interviewer may through in a brain teaser."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Wht challenges do you expect to face in this position

Quite a few

What are important factors with this role?

3 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

tell a joke

1 Answer

I was interviewed by six people - three from each dept - two depts. represented. After the shock of seeing six people facing me in the room, I learned a bit about each dept. Then they asked me which dept I would prefer to work in. It was a very unexpected & disturbing question! I need a job. I was afraid to say I chose one over the other. Suppose the one I did not prefer was considering hiring me? Would my honesty work against me? I avoided answering the question, I think.

Did I know sales force.

1 Answer

What do you know about our company?

Tell me about yourself.

1 Answer

Phone screen : Run me down your resume. Tell me about your insurance exp. Why do you want to leave your current position? Salary requirements? He then told me about the company/position. Phone interview : Told me about the position/company quick like a darn auctioneer. She then asked me about my my software exp (MS Office, Salesforce, Windows, OSX) and asked me questions using the words I used on my resume. For example : "Your resume says that you increased morale by 15%. Tell me exactly how you did that?" KNOW YOUR RESUME. Easy, although slightly annoying at how persistent she was.

1 Answer

How would you react if you were put into a position that was legally correct but morally wrong?

1 Answer

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

110 of 125 Interview Questions