Project Manager Interview Questions in Newark, NJ | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Project Manager

Project Manager Interview Questions in Newark, NJ

As a project manager, it is your job to oversee the creation and execution of company projects and ensure that all team members stay on track to meet deadlines. Expect interview questions that will assess your ability to lead a group and communicate effectively to members with different roles and varying concerns. As the scope, schedule, and cost of a project can change frequently, the interviewer may ask you to role-play a few scenarios in which a project deadline changes or several group members leave the company.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you see yourself managing your time here with your other business ventures?

1 Answer

I'm applying for the project manager position, my resume outlines my success at business with projects.

The client asking a question of me about agile management and the IBM project manager interrupting the client and telling the client that we do not do agile management.

1 Answer

Basic PM questions on methodologies and personal style

Research the company. They will ask what you know about the company, recent merger, their products, and why you are interested in joining the team. Situational based questions. Tell me about a time when X. What was your most challenging project? How do handle difficult clients? How do you motivate your team? What do you enjoy about project management? How do you handle delivering constructive criticism to your peers? How do you handle competing priorities? What do you think makes a good PM? What are some things you could improve on? What would your peers say about you at your last job? How do you ensure your project stays within budget? What do you expect from your manager? How do you learn best? How do you handle projects with different time zones? Are you able to work from home and if so, how do you bridge the communication gap with your peers?

Tell me about your current position? This was the only question that was asked. Interviewer did not have other questions for me.

Why do you want to work for us?

110 of 20 Interview Questions