News writer Interview Questions

News Writer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance|Popular|Date
Search Engine Journal
UK News Writer was asked...November 25, 2020

Have you attended any SEO conferences?

Brafton

The quantitative multiple choice test I was given. What does solving math problems have to do with content writing?

numbers.

Dow Jones

Can you prioritize tasks effectively?

1 Answers

Yes, I had extensive experience with breaking news.

Bustle
News Writer was asked...October 29, 2017

the edit test involved preparing pitches (within deadlines) and writing pieces in line with site's voice/tone

n/a

Brafton

The critical thinking test was pretty weird. Only 12 minutes for 40 questions. Things like analogies, incorrect spellings and finishing a sequence or identifying the incorrect number in a sequence. Felt a little like the SATs in miniature.

1 Answers

If you're a good copyeditor, save that for the end and focus on the critical thinking test. It's a lot to read and answer. Less

NewsBytes
News Writer was asked...November 11, 2021

Would you like to take up the editor's position instead of the writer, which you've applied for?

I declined.

Have you written for any of our competitors?

1 Answers

No, I am a college student and looking for a first time writing position.

Brafton

The quick-thinking test was probably the strangest part of this particular interview- I've never really encountered something like that outside of the SATs, and certainly never encountered it in an interview setting. It wasn't particularly hard, but still stood out.

1 Answers

I finished the test within the time they required. Only a few of the questions were puzzling, and these mostly due to vague wording or answer options. Less

The Tab

How would you problem solve growing content

1 Answers

What did you do at your last postion

Spectrum News NY1
News Writer was asked...November 1, 2016

I was asked how I stay on top of the news.

1 Answers

I explained that I regularly check local, national and international outlets to stay informed and to inspire ideas. Less

Viewing 1 - 10 of 50 Interview Questions