next Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

next Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at next

2.0

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maidstone, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at next (Maidstone, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

Manager introduced herself and explained about the role, hours and days of vacancy and benefits of the role. They then went through my CV and asked about previous experience and about me as a person. The interview consisted of different questions about how you would give good customer care, what you would do if a customer tried on a pair of shoes that were too narrow, why I applied for Next. I then had a shopfloor exercise serving customers on the fitting rooms and shoes department whilst being observed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for next

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at next (Plymouth, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

Initially my friend applied for a job and got an interview, she was offered the position at the end of the interview on the same day so, as I was keen for a job, I applied that evening. I was phoned a few days later for interview the next day. My interview was very brief and I was asked the usual previous customer service experience, dealing with a problem and as part of a team and why I wanted to work for the company. I was offered the position straight after, filled in my payment details right there and then and had my induction a few days later.

Interview Questions

• None were particularly difficult as I am used to the interview process.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at next (Bristol, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied for the job online. They then rang me and asked me to come in for an interview. I went into the managers office and she went over my CV with me and asked me a few questions. She then asked competency questions on customer service and asked what I would do in certain scenarios. I received an email a couple of days afterwards offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?
      Why do you want to work for Next?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at next in April 2010.

Interview

I applied in person at the store. I got a call one week later and the interview was set up. The interview process was very easy. I answered some verbal questions on how i would proceed in certain situations, if they arose. I was asked about my hobbies and how I work in a team.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very easy, knowing a bit about the company will help.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at next (London, England (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

Handed my CV (you have to apply online unless some 1 you know passes on your cv), was contacted within a week and inverted for an informal interview that took place in the store i was to work in, a couple of days later was called back for an induction and started soon after

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary but you can some times on your contracted hours. They eventually give you more hours anyway but they love 4h contracts. expect to contribute to paying for your uniform :-(

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at next in August 2015.

Interview

So I applied on indeed.co.uk and in a few days I got an email to say I've been shortlisted. I was glad to hear this but unfortunately I didn't in fact get an interview. After a few days they emailed me saying the store didn't want me because the role was more suited for someone else. I was annoyed but I suppose it's only fair.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at next in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the Next website, it asked for personal details and then you had to do a few questions on reading an article and then answering the questions (the answers were in the article), you then had to do a few easy maths questions by working out percentages on sales etc, all really easy. I got emailed saying I had been short-listed. I then got a phone interview, the phone interview was very casual, they asked questions but it just felt like a conversation. I was then invited in the next day to the store with 2 others where we watched a quick video and then got placed on the shop floor, just tidying and speaking to customers. Whether we were successful or not, they gave us each £10 cash to cover travel expenses and £10 gift voucher for Next, I thought this was a nice touch. They then called me later that day to offer me to the job. All really quick and easy.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shrewsbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at next (Shrewsbury, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied on their careers website. The application consisted of a short maths and health and safety test, a personality quiz and writing a short paragraph about yourself. 3 weeks later next notified me by email letting me know I was successful and that I should expect a phone call. A few days later they rang me and asked me a few basic questions and invited me to come to the store for an assessment (trail shift). All I had to do was stand at the front of the shop and greet and attend to customers. This lasted for about 15 minutes and was really easy. I was then told on the spot that I had got the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you keep yourself motivated if you found that your work was getting repetitive?   Answer Question
    • What is good customer service? How would you provide good customer service?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at next (Leeds, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

It was an online competency test first. They said i's passed and then I received an email saying i would get a call within two weeks. I was then called and they asked me a few general questions about customer service etc. they then asked me to come down to the store and do a trail shift.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at next (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2014.

Interview

It was very standard for a retail shop, The interviewer was nice, read through the cv and asked easy enough questions. She also talked a bit about the job and the expectations for the role. It was very quick, mostly basic questions a little question about retail and that was it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Okay