Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nurse Interview Questions

As nurses spend the majority of their days interacting with patients, employers are looking for candidates who can demonstrate strong interpersonal, teamwork, and conflict-management skills. Come ready to discuss a time you handled a tense patient or excelled under pressure. Employers will also expect candidates to have a robust knowledge of nursing practices, so expect to be quizzed on proper medical procedure and patient handling.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What would you do if you entered a patient room and found them unconscious.

4 Answers

Yell for help and get assistance, check for breathing, pulse, initiate appropriate emergency response.

omg.. i hope u didnt say it like that.. didnt u take BLS? Circulation Airway Breathing.. for those of us who are hoping to learn some right answers on here.. C.A.B. jeez!

Following standard bedside emergnecy practice, first I would call a code immediately, then begin checking the patient’s breathing and circulation. When help arrives make sure to have adequate IV access and then follow directions from the physician.

Describe how you handled a difficult patient who demanded antibiotics unnecessarily

2 Answers

how have I responded to difficult situations in prior jobs

2 Answers

Why do you want to work in the OR? How do you handle stressful situations? Positive patient experience, negative patient experience, how do you handle each? How do you handle personal and work conflicts? The general nursing interview questions, with a few OR specific.

2 Answers

From Leader: We are in need of someone with a good eye for detail yet have the vision to take on unit based quality projects and see them through. How do you think your experience and skill set fits our need?

1 Answer

How do you handle disagreements with physicians?

1 Answer

How do you handle crucial conversations?

1 Answer

When busy on the phone are you going to give the quick answer to move on or the right one?

1 Answer

The ICU environment can be very stressful. How do you think you will handle that stress?

1 Answer

What did I hope to accomplish in my nursing career and how would this position fit into my plans

110 of 11,621 Interview Questions