Nurse Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nurse Manager Interview Questions

"A nurse manager combines the care and skill of a nurse with the leadership skills and responsibilities of a manager. In addition to having the educational and clinical experience as a nurse, you should also be knowledgeable about financial management and practice policy. Employers are looking to hire candidates who are goal-oriented and have superb people management skills. In preparation for an interview, be ready to role-play situations with a difficult staff member or an unhappy patient."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

From Leader: We are in need of someone with a good eye for detail yet have the vision to take on unit based quality projects and see them through. How do you think your experience and skill set fits our need?

1 Answer

As a project leader, I need to keep my eyes on the goal and part of that is making sure all of the i's are dotted and t's are crossed. For example, managing the bedside calls and chart audits to collect project data is extraordinarily detail oriented yet to be able to paint the big picture, perform continuous project improvements to the program and present outcomes requires a broader vision.

Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult employee.

1 Answer

What did I hope to accomplish in my nursing career and how would this position fit into my plans

1 Answer

If I thought I would be ok with not having hands on patient care.

1 Answer

Why did you get so much academic preparation?

1 Answer

They asked me if I knew anyone who worked for the company. I told them I did. They asked me if I knew the rates for home health visits. The manager then quoted me incorrect lower rates. I actually did know what they were paying before my interview. I lost respect for the company after that. The rates per visit were lower than I would have accepted...AND THEY TRIED TO OFFER ME A LOWER RATE THAN THEY PREVIOUSLY PAID NURSES!!

1 Answer

How have I handled dealing with an angry or upset Dr. in the past.

1 Answer

All questions were fairly simple and straight to the point.

1 Answer

How I could contribute to the unit; How well I could handle conflict (detailed response expected); how would I handle a medication error; Why did I want to work for Mayo

2 Answers

They asked me what I knew about the company. You might have to dig to find the information but it is out there on the web.

110 of 122 Interview Questions