Nurse practitioner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

nurse practitioner Interviews

Nurse practitioner Interview Questions

"In comparison to registered nurses, nurse practitioners have advanced education and training that grants them greater autonomy to practice. As nurse practitioners are required to have a Master of Science in Nursing degree, be ready to discuss your formal education as well as your area of specialization. You can also expect to answer typical patient care questions, such as handling upset patients and collaborating with other doctors and nurses. Be sure to research your state's nursing laws, as some states require that nurse practitioners work under the supervision of a physician while others do not."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Describe how you handled a difficult patient who demanded antibiotics unnecessarily

2 Answers

Explained the difference between viral and bacterial. Recommend symptomatic treatment with follow up for reevaluation for antibiotics

Explain to them rationale why it’s not recommended, and the importance of following evidence based guidelines.

How do you handle disagreements with physicians?

1 Answer

Tell me about a time you experienced something unethical or unprofessional in the workplace. How did you handle it? And what was the outcome

1 Answer

They wanted to know about an evaluation you received that you didn’t agree with and what did you do

3 Answers

Did I enjoy visiting people's home, and was it a comfortable experience for me. Asked about different experiences I had encountered as a nurse practitioner in the home and how I dealt with them.

3 Answers

•Give an example of a time you had to make a difficult decision

2 Answers

Tell us about your favorite hobby?

2 Answers

Tell us one time you lied or committed something illegal at the workplace. Then, what you did, or did not do to make it better.

How do I manage change.

2 Answers

Why do you want to work here?

110 of 398 Interview Questions