Nurse Practitioner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nurse Practitioner Interview Questions

"In comparison to registered nurses, nurse practitioners have advanced education and training that grants them greater autonomy to practice. As nurse practitioners are required to have a Master of Science in Nursing degree, be ready to discuss your formal education as well as your area of specialization. You can also expect to answer typical patient care questions, such as handling upset patients and collaborating with other doctors and nurses. Be sure to research your state's nursing laws, as some states require that nurse practitioners work under the supervision of a physician while others do not."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you handle disagreements with physicians?

1 Answer

I am not confrontational. If I had a question about a patient care decisionI would not bring it up immediately. I would wait for an opportunity when we could talk and I could learn why the decision was made.

Describe how you handled a difficult patient who demanded antibiotics unnecessarily

1 Answer

Tell me about a time you experienced something unethical or unprofessional in the workplace. How did you handle it? And what was the outcome

1 Answer

Where do I see myself in 5 years from now, in my career?

1 Answer

Tell us one time you lied or committed something illegal at the workplace. Then, what you did, or did not do to make it better.

2 Answers

How would you manage pain medication seeking behavior? A scenario was provided

1 Answer

What do you already know about the position?

Background

1 Answer

Which department would I like to work?

110 of 196 Interview Questions