Director Interview Questions in Oakland, CA | Glassdoor

Director Interview Questions in Oakland, CA

"When applying for a position as a director, be prepared to have your leadership skills and judgement tested by many case studies. These scenarios help employers understand what kind of leader you will be for a team or department at their company, so confidence, quick thinking, and examples of how you have fixed similar problems in the past will be highly advantageous towards receiving an offer."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would I deal with or resolve issues with caregivers (CNA's) who didn't want to let the activities be done? This was a tricky question as the CNA's are under the RN, not under the activity director.

1 Answer

Unfortunately, this happens from time to time. If a CNA is preventing an activity from occurring, it has to be reported to the R.N. In most facilities that take medicare/medicaid, activities programs are required by the state. So this would be considered insubordination and should be grounds for dismissal. In a work environment that has different departments, it is extremely important to understand it is much more beneficial to work with each other than against each other.

Describe in detail a successful project you designed and managed. How did you measure success?

1 Answer

How do you handle a difficult employee?

1 Answer

There were no odd questions, it was along my experience and what my expectations are from the role. I had done some earlier analysis on the popularity of the platform among the Physicians at KP. I felt quite soon there was a culture mismatch. This group seemed very close-minded.

2 Answers

I can't recall any specific questions. I believe the generalized 'describe a situation where you had to deal with ....' was used. I needed to present information on staff coaching and dealing with difficult customers

1 Answer

Tell me about a marketing program your developed?

1 Answer

Asked financial questions about a former employer

1 Answer

How will we know when you are stressed and what methods of self-care do you practice?

1 Answer

The leadership team tended to be "out of step" with current trends in industry so there were not any difficult or unexpected questions. What was unexpected was a comment regarding a degree of disbelief in my well documented experience. In retrospect, that may have been more of a reflection on the time it takes to make progress on more initiatives due to the culture there.

1 Answer

What about your personal experiences and background motivate you to seek this position.

110 of 56 Interview Questions