Software Engineer Interview Questions in Oakland, CA | Glassdoor

Software Engineer Interview Questions in Oakland, CA

Software engineers write programs to design and develop computer software. Interviews are highly technical, so come ready to work through coding problems and math brainteasers. The specific questions you are asked will depend on what type of programming position you are looking for. Try researching a specific software discipline such as web development, application development, or system development.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Describe how you would design a browser

1 Answer

1. Describe challenges like performance, managing multi sessions, data storage, security, extensibility through multiple add-on support, etc 2. Describe how TCP/IP connections are initiated and managed, DNS resolution 3. Rendering engine 4. Cross-platform support 5. Describe add-on support , describe properties that can be overriden by plugins 6. Discuss security - how malware detection and recognition algorithms are built-in

Tell me about a difficult developer you have worked with.

2 Answers

what is the difference between an interface and an abstract class?

1 Answer

Implement undo and redo functionality.

1 Answer

To implement a simple sorting of type-value paired objects.

1 Answer

Improving efficiency of search of ordered list.

2 Answers

Write an algorithm to search a dictionary of words for a word that does not exist and enter the word alphabetically correct position.

1 Answer

Was asked to decipher Ruby code that was querying an API Which elements on this site are React components? (Greatschools.org website) What happens after a http response is sent?

I can't disclose this due to an NDA that I've signed, but for me, this section would definitely be the concurrency questions that I was asked. Know what data structures are thread safe in Java, and how they implement synchronization.

Design a hashmap from scratch and make your own linked list.