Office Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Office Administrator Interview Questions

"Office administrators ensure the efficiency of daily operations through their multi-tasking, communication, and bookkeeping skills. As it is a fast-paced environment, employers will ask about whether you can work under pressure, as well as your ability to work with a diverse variety of people, and your previous knowledge in accounting. In addition, be prepared to talk about how you would deal with irate customers. Employers are ultimately looking to hire candidates who fit the company culture and will contribute to the team."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

what do you bring to the table what skills do you have

3 Answers

I am detailed oriented, a team player good communication and verbal skills, also a multi tasker

I am a valued team player with organizational skills that manages time appropriately.

To whom it may concern: First I'd like to thank you for taking the time to review my resume and also give you some background info on myself. I feel I would make proper fit in the position of administrative assistant based on my experience and abilities. Although I am not experienced in QuickBooks, I do know Sage 50 & I feel I can rise to the challenge of learning any program or software required in a minimal amount of time, given the opportunity. As noted on my resume, my competencies and capabilities are strongly in line with those required for the position. For instance, working at Excel security as the service coordinator for the installation dept, I gained knowledge and insights into providing excellent customer service by anticipating client needs. I also became proficient in accounting via Sage/Peachtree to better invoice clients who did not have service contracts with us. I kept a strict record of techinician scheduling, ordering of materials needed for all projects, tracking of the shipments and redirecting those to the appropriate job site for completion. I'm looking forward to further discussing the position and my qualifications with you in more detail soon. I feel confident that I can fulfill the requirements needed for the office assistant position. Thank you again for your time and consideration.

How much experience do you have in dealing/interacting with people of color, minorities, and/or various cultures?

1 Answer

What are my career aspirations and how can they help me grow?

1 Answer

If Atlantic equals 50, what does Pacific equal?

5 Answers

Do you mind shopping for party items and alcohol weekly?

3 Answers

Do i like to read?

2 Answers

How do you handle difficult situations in the workplace?

2 Answers

First question, after a rather unusual introduction: "Please tell us your full name, location and age."

2 Answers

Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irrate customer, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?

2 Answers

Dispatch experience is huge for them, but the level of experience they want is unrealistic (that goes for bookkeeping and customer service experience). Someone with the level of skill they are looking for in dispatching and bookkeeping would be overqualified and uninterested in working there.

110 of 726 Interview Questions