Office manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Office manager Interview Questions

"Companies depend on their office managers to keep operations running smoothly by maintaining and supervising staff. Employers are looking for candidates who are reliable, organized, and can successfully devote attention to multiple tasks. Be prepared to show off your people-management skills, knowledge of how the company operates, and your ability to handle an office conflict or a difficult employee."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Name a difficult work related situation and how you overcame it.

1 Answer

I was asked to create a spreadsheet to track nursing hours/patients that would allow the nursing staff to simply input nursing hour numbers and it would calculate specific ratios to assist with scheduling. This was difficult because of complex formulas need to evaluate specific criteria of nursing hours. I developed this sheet based on my knowledge of Microsoft Excel. This sheet remains in use even today.

Tell us about a difficult interpersonal situation you encountered and how did you handle it?

1 Answer

We work under pressured timelines and deadlines; the position also works with very sensitive and confidential matters and student records. How do you successfully manage yourself in this kind of environment? Provide details or strategies used.

1 Answer

This position often requires multi tasking. Can you tell me in detail about a time when you had to multitask and prioritize several tasks at once?

1 Answer

How do you make a tuna sandwhich?

21 Answers

Name 3 previous Nobel Prize Winners

17 Answers

Did you have sales goals in your previous jobs?

4 Answers

Can you fill in for a system manager.`

3 Answers

He wanted an accountant to use creative accounting. Would I be able to hide a book on how to cook game meat in the emergency preparedness account so he would have to claim it as owner's draw.

3 Answers

What skills are your strength?

110 of 2,131 Interview Questions