Office Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Office Manager Interview Questions

"Companies depend on their office managers to keep operations running smoothly by maintaining and supervising staff. Employers are looking for candidates who are reliable, organized, and can successfully devote attention to multiple tasks. Be prepared to show off your people-management skills, knowledge of how the company operates, and your ability to handle an office conflict or a difficult employee."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

We work under pressured timelines and deadlines; the position also works with very sensitive and confidential matters and student records. How do you successfully manage yourself in this kind of environment? Provide details or strategies used.

1 Answer

• FERPA or general knowledge of privacy laws • Multiple communication tools (e-mail, voicemail, face-to-face, etc.) • Efficient/Organized/Time management • Goal setting • Ability to delegate

Tell us about a difficult interpersonal situation you encountered and how did you handle it?

1 Answer

This position often requires multi tasking. Can you tell me in detail about a time when you had to multitask and prioritize several tasks at once?

1 Answer

Name a difficult work related situation and how you overcame it.

1 Answer

How do you make a tuna sandwhich?

21 Answers

Name 3 previous Nobel Prize Winners

17 Answers

Can you fill in for a system manager.`

3 Answers

Did you have sales goals in your previous jobs?

4 Answers

Tell me about a hard decision you had to make, and what made it difficult?

110 of 1,598 Interview Questions