OFFICE SPECIALIST Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OFFICE SPECIALIST Interview Questions

OFFICE specialist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How much experience do you have in dealing/interacting with people of color, minorities, and/or various cultures?

1 Answer

I, myself, am of mixed race; I was raised in Las Vegas; my primary and secondary schools were inner-city public schools. Unlike the Midwest, Caucasians were often the minority there. Throughout my childhood and early adulthood, I was exposed to a melting pot of people from all walks of life, and I learned to understand, accept and respect people who were different from myself. I also worked for a short period of time at the airport during the summer as a supervisor for a company that specialized in wheelchair and electric cart services. Almost all of my employees were minorities - immigrants from Ethiopia and Liberia, Hispanic, and Filipino. I earned the respect of my employees, and they worked very hard for me. All of our customers were elderly, physically disabled, visually impaired, or needed assistance navigating the airport due to language barriers. I set an example for my employees by treating all customers with respect and compassion for their individual needs.

Interview questions were fairly simple for the second interview which included: goals, skills, interests outside of work, ways to deal with issues at work, intentions to stay with the firm

1 Answer

For me with an M.ED in Curriculum and Instruction, classroom teaching experience and expecting to interview based on the job description, I did not expect a classroom management question. It seems slightly ridiculous and I truly wish we could have discussed my research in the actual topic I was interviewing for.

1 Answer

The most difficult thing was in fact the on-line assessment, which took nearly an hour to complete. The assessment included five sections: 1) a 143-statement list which I had to answer "agree" or "disagree": "I enjoy hang-gliding" 2) a long list of "would I rather": "Would you rather read a book or teach people how to shark-dive?" 3) a multiple choice of mathematical problems that included advanced algebra, trigonometry, and calculus 4) a multiple choice of vocabulary words, such as "denuded" and "banal" 5) a number of analogies: RED:STOP::BLUE:??

1 Answer

Please describe your strengths and weaknesses.

1 Answer

"Please explain to me how to make an omelette."

1 Answer

If you had a difficult task to do, and were coming up on the deadline for it, and another person delegated another task to you of equal important, with the same deadline, and you didn't think you could complete both of them, what would you do. They are equally important, and saying no to either isn't an option.

2 Answers

How do you see your self growing within this company with this position?

1 Answer

Nothing too extreme in the interview process. It was the other details (lack of professionalism) that surprised me. It could have simply been the specific person, but here's what happened.

1 Answer

Do you prefer American Idol or Dancing With the Stars?

110 of 97 Interview Questions