Online Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Online Merchandiser Interview Questions

Online merchandiser interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Say you were running an A/B test for an email campaign, what would you want to know?

2 Answers

REALLY? How about some background info like, WHY are we running this test, WHAT are the goals of it, WHAT is the target demographic, WHAT is the strategy behind email programs in general. Without the basics, how can ANYONE determine what "things" to look for and/or know?

Uh, how about open rate? And total number of clicks per open on A versus B? And if there is a targeted link that they most want clicked, how did it perform in A versus B? This seems like more of a standard question just to see if you understand how the basic mass-mailing platforms work.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

1 Answer

How do you go about prioritizing projects given limited resources? Apparently my reply about aligning with department or company goals wasn't sufficient because the interviewer then asked "Say the projects didn't support any larger goals"

1 Answer

The director-level person seemed wary about my job history and asked me why I seemingly had so many jobs on my resume. That person even shared with their resume was similar. Nonetheless, it was the only unexpected question during the interview.

1 Answer

Any behavioral questions, such as "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an upset customer and how did you handle it?". Even though this position will never deal with customers.

How have you gotten better at prioritizing things?

Why do you think you'd be a good fit? Tell me about your work experience? Tell me about awards you have won? Tell me how you work with others? Pretty basic questions that were asked repetitively.

Complete a case study with limited info they provide you to see how you go about providing solutions. This wasn't difficult for me since I do this daily but I can see how others can have trouble.

Had to analyze 2 different coupons on the spot and determine which was the better offer and why. Wasn't necessarily difficult but wasn't expected.

110 of 13 Interview Questions