Operations and Logistics Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Operations and Logistics Manager Interview Questions

Operations and logistics manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What times of the year do you think it's especially hard to get driver supply out?

2 Answers

On holidays. That's why the price surge on these days is an incentive for the drivers to work.

Holidays indeed, but more importantly around "the holidays." People aren't as willing to give up their precious time off to bust their behinds driving people around.

It was a pretty unorganized interview and the questions were not very engaging. There were not any questions that really stood our as difficult or unexpected.

3 Answers

Let's throw a dose of reality in now: If you could only allocate drivers on a minimum 8-hour shift basis and you could increase hourly drivers by 20% over the supply listed, how would that change your allocation strategy above? Please do the following: 1. Explain your methodology for reallocation 2. Suggest the results you expect to result 3. How would you manage a fleet of drivers to do what you want? Here's a description of the variables: Compl = the number of completed trips Eyes = the unique number of people who opened the Uber app Zeroes = the unique number of people who opened the Uber app but when they did so they saw no cars available. A zero can occur because there is not enough supply (drivers) on the road or because the person looking at the Uber app isn't within a certain mileage range of the available cars. Avail Drivers = number of drivers on the Uber network in total (receiving either commission or hourly payment) Hourly = number of drivers on the Uber network receiving hourly payment So, for example, from this data: At 7am on May 16th, 6 people opened the Uber app and all of those folks saw cars available (0 zeros). We completed 1 trip. And, we had 6 drivers on the system of which 6 were scheduled and paid hourly. We had no drivers at that hour on the system out of their own free will. In contrast, at 8pm, we had 6 hourly drivers and 2 commission drivers. Assuming you had hour-by-hour control of hourly drivers, how would you reallocate (not increase - just reallocate) the current supply of hourly drivers (given you have no control over commission hours) to better serve demand? Please do the following: 1. Describe the metrics you would use to drive this decision 2. Explain your methodology for reallocation 3. Give a brief summary of your reallocation (please give specific examples) 4. Suggest the results you expect to result (please give specific examples)

2 Answers

How should you respond to the city officials claiming that Uber disadvantages older drivers unfamiliar with technology?

8 Answers

How owuld you use metrics to determine if a flat fee was working?

4 Answers

Some question regarding how drivers can get their driver rating up

1 Answer

How much do you think an UberEats driver makes?

1 Answer

Tell us about a time you found an innovative way to improve or speed up an existing process?

A lot of hypothetical, case-type questions asking about what you would need to do to launch new services

Describe how you would refine our current operations process to enhance our onboarding process.