Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor
Glassdoor Logo

Find jobs for Operations Manager

Operations Manager Interview Questions

"Employers want operations managers with the leadership, managerial, and interpersonal skills to effectively manage daily operations, evaluate operational costs, and make personnel decisions. Be prepared to discuss your management style as well as your experience handling conflicts and motivating teams to meet deadlines. You should also be ready to answer operational questions such as how you would improve processes to cut costs. A bachelor's degree in management or a similar field of study is required, with a master's degree being ideal."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What times of the year do you think it's especially hard to get driver supply out?

2 Answers

On holidays. That's why the price surge on these days is an incentive for the drivers to work.

Holidays indeed, but more importantly around "the holidays." People aren't as willing to give up their precious time off to bust their behinds driving people around.

He asked me two questions, they were both about how I would fix a branch with low morale and engagement.

1 Answer

At what point would you resort to terminating a employee?

1 Answer

Tell me about something you don't like to hear from employees.

1 Answer

Behavioral based questions were easy to prepare for. Amazon prefers the STAR (situation, task, action, result) method to answer. Would suggestion preparing for the math flow question. I was asked the following: You have 30 associates who all work an 8 hour day, 5 days a week. 2 need to be in indirect (non-volume producing) roles. Your direct (production) rate is 150 units per hour, but you have two 15-minute breaks during the day. How many units can your department produce in a 40 hour week?

8 Answers

If I handed you a rubiks cube and told you that it had to be solved by tomorrow, how would you respond?

9 Answers

During an event, there are 3 items that come up at once, how do you (as a group) prioritize these: a) Broken leg by a participant b) Missing child c) Group of 6 unhappy participants

2 Answers

Tell me about yourself and your experience.

2 Answers

Tell us of a time when you had to venture outside of company procedures or protocal in order to satisfy a customer.

2 Answers

You run a packing department where customer orders are categorized into small, medium and large batches. In general you try to rotate your packers between all sizes of customer orders since there have been prior cases reported of shoulder strain from folks doing large batches for a full shift Ian is your best large item packer; he can do twice the expected rate seemingly without even trying. He has been packing large items all morning. After lunch you see your queue has grown in the large batch area. If you keep Ian in the large item packing area, he can get the work accomplished without any impact to production. Or you would need to move two employees into backfill his role which may impact your overall production for the day. What do you do?

3 Answers