Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Operations Manager Interview Questions

"Employers want operations managers with the leadership, managerial, and interpersonal skills to effectively manage daily operations, evaluate operational costs, and make personnel decisions. Be prepared to discuss your management style as well as your experience handling conflicts and motivating teams to meet deadlines. You should also be ready to answer operational questions such as how you would improve processes to cut costs. A bachelor's degree in management or a similar field of study is required, with a master's degree being ideal."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

He asked me two questions, they were both about how I would fix a branch with low morale and engagement.

1 Answer

I said I would interview each employee and get a feel for all the dynamics, start with the low-hanging fruit and see if the employees have any suggestions for improvement, and then manage accordingly from there. He didn't like that I wanted to ask the employees for improvement ideas because that was "my job" and he suggested I may have to "fire everyone and clean house".

At what point would you resort to terminating a employee?

1 Answer

What times of the year do you think it's especially hard to get driver supply out?

2 Answers

Tell me about something you don't like to hear from employees.

1 Answer

Behavioral based questions were easy to prepare for. Amazon prefers the STAR (situation, task, action, result) method to answer. Would suggestion preparing for the math flow question. I was asked the following: You have 30 associates who all work an 8 hour day, 5 days a week. 2 need to be in indirect (non-volume producing) roles. Your direct (production) rate is 150 units per hour, but you have two 15-minute breaks during the day. How many units can your department produce in a 40 hour week?

8 Answers

If I handed you a rubiks cube and told you that it had to be solved by tomorrow, how would you respond?

9 Answers

None....all questions generally behavioral.

2 Answers

During an event, there are 3 items that come up at once, how do you (as a group) prioritize these: a) Broken leg by a participant b) Missing child c) Group of 6 unhappy participants

2 Answers

Tell me about yourself and your experience.

2 Answers

Tell us of a time when you had to venture outside of company procedures or protocal in order to satisfy a customer.

110 of 2,988 Interview Questions