Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Operations Manager Interview Questions

"Employers want operations managers with the leadership, managerial, and interpersonal skills to effectively manage daily operations, evaluate operational costs, and make personnel decisions. Be prepared to discuss your management style as well as your experience handling conflicts and motivating teams to meet deadlines. You should also be ready to answer operational questions such as how you would improve processes to cut costs. A bachelor's degree in management or a similar field of study is required, with a master's degree being ideal."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What times of the year do you think it's especially hard to get driver supply out?

2 Answers

On holidays. That's why the price surge on these days is an incentive for the drivers to work.

Holidays indeed, but more importantly around "the holidays." People aren't as willing to give up their precious time off to bust their behinds driving people around.

He asked me two questions, they were both about how I would fix a branch with low morale and engagement.

1 Answer

At what point would you resort to terminating a employee?

1 Answer

Tell me about something you don't like to hear from employees.

1 Answer

How would you handle a unruly patient?

3 Answers

If I handed you a rubiks cube and told you that it had to be solved by tomorrow, how would you respond?

11 Answers

Behavioral based questions were easy to prepare for. Amazon prefers the STAR (situation, task, action, result) method to answer. Would suggestion preparing for the math flow question. I was asked the following: You have 30 associates who all work an 8 hour day, 5 days a week. 2 need to be in indirect (non-volume producing) roles. Your direct (production) rate is 150 units per hour, but you have two 15-minute breaks during the day. How many units can your department produce in a 40 hour week?

9 Answers

Difficult math question that you can work thru if you work backwards!

8 Answers

100 drivers apply to uber to be a driver. X percent does not have city knowledge, y of them miss their screening meetings, z of them did not passed background check and can apply in 6 months etc etc.. Base on listed constraints, how many of them can start with Uber?

7 Answers

What do you feel that most difficult animal you would have problems working with?

5 Answers