Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Operations Manager

Operations Manager Interview Questions

"Employers want operations managers with the leadership, managerial, and interpersonal skills to effectively manage daily operations, evaluate operational costs, and make personnel decisions. Be prepared to discuss your management style as well as your experience handling conflicts and motivating teams to meet deadlines. You should also be ready to answer operational questions such as how you would improve processes to cut costs. A bachelor's degree in management or a similar field of study is required, with a master's degree being ideal."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Have you even been to Stratford upon Avon?

1 Answer

"Tell me what you did today at work"

1 Answer

Name some countries in Africa.

1 Answer

Overall the process was very fast. I passed the HR screening and homework assignments and was quickly scheduled for a telephone interview with the hiring manager. It was brief (about 30 minutes) but I was invited to meet the team a few days later. The overall in person experience was mixed. I met with three Comm Ops Managers and two seemed to have reviewed my resume. The third person came in seemingly unprepared and I spent most of our short time together summarizing my work experience. The job description includes a variety of tasks and responsibilities but I believe the Comm Ops Managers are heavily focused on widget resolution. They couldn't give me clear examples of how they use data to reduce issues in the future and they don't seem interested in developing training for drivers/customers. At the conclusion of my interviews I met with the hiring manager and she was pleasant but trying to multi-task on her computer. She wanted to know about my interview experience and asked if I had any questions. She positively commented on my fluency in another language and how it could directly help them in addressing support issues in that language. However a day later I was told I wasn't a match with the group and my candidacy ended... Needless to say I switched to Lyft later that afternoon ;)

1 Answer

If I could manage people.

1 Answer

what would you do or bring increase value to a company that already has prestige

1 Answer

What is your opinion of unions?

1 Answer

Have you ever managed people?

1 Answer

Where do you see yourself in 5 years.

1 Answer

Was asked if I would relocate now and in the future without company assistance.

4150 of 2,669 Interview Questions