Oracle Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Administrator Interview Questions

Oracle administrator interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you handle a difference of opinion between yours and a Senior technical member?

2 Answers

Depends: Is it in their area? Eg if the comms guy says the firewall must be set this way, all I can do is have my opinion heard and live with it. Get them to explain their opinion. Then explain my reasons. If they explain first hopefully they will listen to mine. Perhaps they are right. If they can't explain they may retract. See if we can compromise. Schema design is often influenced by technical background knowledge that hasn't been documented/shared yet. Software settings are often based on previous jobs, rather than current reasons.

In every corporation I've been involved with, there are individual power plays. Those individuals will always seek to be right (no matter if they wrong, which they often are), so that they can gain power. The best choice is not to get involved with those power-politics. If a senior person's opinion differs with mine, I will explain the logical reasons for my opinion, and then let it go. I have no need to have a power-match with any senior person. If they are dug into their position, then I will defer. It is only a JOB--it's not my whole existence.

They asked about my general outlook at technology and what I could bring to the table.

1 Answer

External tables. Can they have indexes

2 Answers

Question relating to how to make an Oracle database case-insensitive at the db level.

1 Answer

What things can you do to very the quality of a database?

1 Answer

What does the PMON process do.

1 Answer

Analyze this scenario (gave technical scenario) and wanted specific, detailed, finite answers relating to how each procedure should work, commands used, etc.

1 Answer

What is the worst thing you ever did to an oracle database?

1 Answer

What does an Ora-1555 mean?

1 Answer

What do you do if your boss asks you to perform a function that is incorrect?

110 of 68 Interview Questions