Oracle database administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

oracle database administrator Interviews

Find jobs for oracle database administrator

Oracle database administrator Interview Questions

oracle database administrator interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you handle a difference of opinion between yours and a Senior technical member?

2 Answers

Depends: Is it in their area? Eg if the comms guy says the firewall must be set this way, all I can do is have my opinion heard and live with it. Get them to explain their opinion. Then explain my reasons. If they explain first hopefully they will listen to mine. Perhaps they are right. If they can't explain they may retract. See if we can compromise. Schema design is often influenced by technical background knowledge that hasn't been documented/shared yet. Software settings are often based on previous jobs, rather than current reasons.

In every corporation I've been involved with, there are individual power plays. Those individuals will always seek to be right (no matter if they wrong, which they often are), so that they can gain power. The best choice is not to get involved with those power-politics. If a senior person's opinion differs with mine, I will explain the logical reasons for my opinion, and then let it go. I have no need to have a power-match with any senior person. If they are dug into their position, then I will defer. It is only a JOB--it's not my whole existence.

External tables. Can they have indexes

3 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Why do you want to work in IT?

2 Answers

how do you create a tablespace

1 Answer

What does an Ora-1555 mean?

1 Answer

About my experience especially in previous migrations

How would you define the hardware requirements for installing EBS 12.1

General Oracle DBA questions

1 Answer

What things can you do to very the quality of a database?

Oracle RAC Questions , Exadata Internal Hardware questions