Other Retail Stores interview questions | Glassdoor

Barnes & Noble Interviews

www.barnesandnoble.com /  HQ: New York, NY

696 Interviews

2.2 Easy

Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The manager of component 'A' says his functionality is more important than that of component 'B.' The manager of component 'B' says his is more important than that of component 'A.' You can only implement one A or B, but not both - which do you choose to implement.

11 Answers

I reference the Product Plan and select the component w/ the higher priority. The interview says "There is no Product Plan." I say "I select the one w/ the higher ROI." They say "there is no ROI." I say "then I choose the component whose manager has the best rationale."

I would say to do my own research

I would say whichever is more valuable to customer & gives competitive advantage to Amazon.

Write a method to decide if the given binary tree is a binary search tree or not.

4 Answers

Tell me how you would scale a social media software platform?

3 Answers

What would you do if senior management demanded delivery of software in an impossible deadline?

2 Answers

If you were busy with a line and checking out a customer and another customer seemed to need some help what would you do?

1 Answer

How do you form positive relationships with developers and/or stakeholders?

1 Answer

How do you decide which features to drive UX design for a specific release?

1 Answer

How would you handle the hypothetical situation where one or more designers try to dominate the conversation and do not seem to be listening to other members of the team?

1 Answer

How do you plan to ensure that your focus is always on improving the customer experience?

1 Answer

Tell me about a time where something you planned did not turn out as you expected.

110 of 14,088 Interview Questions