Paralegal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paralegal Interview Questions

"When interviewing for a position as a paralegal, you'll be evaluated for your critical thinking, organizational, and legal writing skills. Lawyers want paralegals who can excel in a fast-paced environment and are organized and efficient when conducting research for large legal cases. Expect to answer questions about your previous legal experience as well as your ability to prioritize tasks with competing deadlines."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What experience do you have that is directly related to this position?

3 Answers

Since my experience is in a different area of law I had to really think about this and emphasize my transferrable skills.

I interned in my father’s law firm for two years during college, learning how to do legal research and writing.

I have been in the legal service business for over 30 years.

There are many contracts that must be properly calendared for anniversary dates, what do you do to keep organized? and if something is held up what do you do to keep it flowing through the pipeline timely?

1 Answer

How are you with high volume and a stressful environment?

1 Answer

what i did with my childred when they were not in school

2 Answers

How do you think your experience at a law firm will fit in with an in-house legal department.?

2 Answers

She asked if I had any experience with Deferred Action, which recently came out. I didn't have any experience with it, as the forms for it had just come out and nobody really knows the procedures yet (including my former employer). So that was frustrating. She also asked if I had any experience with secretarial work.

1 Answer

My knowledge of the structured settlement business?

1 Answer

Are you willing to earn less than what you expect?

1 Answer

Experience in time billing?

Work style.