Parallel algorithm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Parallel algorithm Interview Questions

interview questions shared by candidates

Parallel algorithm Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.

1 Answer

the time i went out of my way for a client is when i spent all my time and effort to maintain the ambiance of my place of business,with election violence in 2007 Kenyans never want to be in a different mood or experience threat. i used all my account savings for college to repairing my dads old houses that had been falling apart even going hungry to make sure our environment seemed peaceful.threats were going online and on the news. i made rent at the building cheaper to accommodate people who would be peaceful because the wealthy would encourage more theft and stealing of items leading to senseless violence over property. now two years later my clients are using the shops as investment plans for their future allowing them to invest and expand with their rent nobody will need to be worried because resources are extended to the tenants who extend t their clients as a community from the building owner

a. How do you design a distributed and fault tolerant system? b. How do you improve the system to automatically balance the workload among the nodes? c. Any problems if the system is to be used for large scale realtime data processing? How do you solve these? Can you improve the availability of the name node(s)?

1 Answer

You are given a list of about half a million English words. All of the English words have fewer than 35 characters. You are also given a (potentially very long) input string of characters. Determine an algorithm that will find all of the valid anagrams of the input string. What data structures will you use? Is it efficient? Now that you've figured out the algorithm, implement it in the language of your choice. How would you parallelize it?

1 Answer

How would you implement a 'bag' data structure with push() and pop() operations that scales well on a massively parallel system. (Imagine you are implementing malloc on a multiprocessor OS)

14 of 4 Interview Questions