Park Ranger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Park Ranger Interview Questions

Park ranger interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why did you apply? What kind of experience do you have with the outdoors?

1 Answer

I was honest, I just needed a summer job.

Have you ever been in a situation where you were in a crowd that was getting out of control?

1 Answer

what experience did i have in dealing with people in stressful situations where you are going to outline the policies to gain their compliance with those said policies

1 Answer

" At what age do deer become elk?" and questions of that type are common. they are not meant to be funny, but must be answered in a manner to teach without becoming preachy or humiliating the visitor- I tended to use a gentle humor. Daily, often asked questions get old fast, but treating each visitor as if they were the first and only person to ask "Where's the restroom?" can make or break the mood of their visit, and their impression of the park as a whole. Patience, patience,patience!

1 Answer

Questions about enforcement caught me off guard. I didn't realize that park rangers were really kind of like park police or security guards. Being aware that a large part of this job is law enforcement would really have helped.

Are you willing to work in all weather conditions?

1 Answer

You see a group of people vandalizing a facility you maintain, what do you do?

1 Answer

Explain your experience working with volunteers.

1 Answer

Basic questions. Criminal background can kill all chances for employment

I was asked to describe one time were I had to deal with a difficult situation in the workplace, and how I went about solving the problem.

110 of 28 Interview Questions