Part Time Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Part Time Teacher Interview Questions

5,757

Part time teacher interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Is it important to you to be friends with your students?

3 Answers

There is a difference between being "friends" and being "friendly". I strive to be friendly to all people at all times and I believe this attitude helps build rapport between students and their teachers; however, I do not believe it is appropriate to establish friendships between students and teachers.

this answer sounds terrific. just wondering if it would add any value by stretching the reason for this clear distinction in terms of why this distinction is so important. any comments from HR specialists???

This is a TRAP! The answer is NO. Exemple : "I have a very good relationship with my student and it is based on mutual respect. I represent the authority in the classroom. This does not mean that I can't listen to them, or communicate, give them advices and be accessible. But establishing friendship with my student would cross the line, and I would not do that".

How do you integrate beginner language learners with advanced language learners in a small group setting?

1 Answer

If I were to go into your classroom, what would your class be doing? Tell me about your class.

1 Answer

What would you do if a child misbehaves?

2 Answers

What would your final grade be (for the year) for a child that scored averages of 18%, 68%, 70% and 72% (high school math)?

1 Answer

How would you handle it if you had a group of kids in line outside your classroom waiting to get to the next period and they were yelling and cursing and acting out (middle school in troubled neighborhood)?

2 Answers

What are your instructional strengths and weaknesses?

1 Answer

How do you deal with difficult parents?

1 Answer

The most difficult questions were scenarios of what one would do with a student who was proficient in English but did not want to move up to the next level.

1 Answer

What I enjoy most about teaching?

110 of 5,757 Interview Questions