Payroll Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Payroll Manager Interview Questions

"When interviewing for a position as a payroll manager, be prepared to talk about tough situations that you have resolved in the past as well as you knowledge of the tools currently used in the process such as Microsoft Excel and other financial software. Payroll is a crucial part of any business and so employers will be looking for candidates who portray confidence and trustworthiness in their trade. CPP certification is a huge advantage in the hiring process as well as knowledge of payroll regulation on local, state, and federal levels."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Have you ever had to terminate anyone and how did you handle it?

1 Answer

I spoke to the employee a few times and documented the conversations. I put the person on a performance plan. However, in the end the actual termination was handled by HR with me sitting in on the process.

What would you do if on your first day you came in and had 60 emails and 20 voice mails and the phone was ringing off the hook?

1 Answer

Have you managed the entire payroll process from start to finish?

1 Answer

I was asked how my current supervisor would describe me.

1 Answer

What reason would you want to relocate to Madison Wisconsin since you are on the east coast?

1 Answer

We use to have to take a psychological profile to evaluate strengths and weaknesses

1 Answer

How much Excel experience did I have.

1 Answer

What has been your greatest accomplishment?

1 Answer

Explain your contributions on the projects you have listed on your resume.

1 Answer

What was my biggest concern about accepting an offer?

110 of 47 Interview Questions