Payroll Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Payroll Specialist

Payroll Specialist Interview Questions

"As a payroll specialist, your organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills ensure the accurate processing of companies' payrolls. Employers will take interviews to learn about your knowledge in finance, how you contribute to a team, and how you provide good customer service. Know that having a CPP certification can give you a huge advantage, along with being informed in federal/state regulations and multiple payroll systems."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Are you good at working in a team?

1 Answer

You may want to mention what part you like to play in a team though; it's a great chance to explain that you're a natural leader.

What experience do you have with payroll?

1 Answer

How do you answer the employees complaining about their paychecks not correct?

1 Answer

I was really prepared for my questions I was told a head of time what kind of interview to expect

1 Answer

"Do have any questions for us?" they must have asked me this 3 times and were really interested in me interviewing them.

2 Answers

What are your strengths regarding this position?

1 Answer

There were a lot of questions about work experiences that, as a new graduate, I just hadn't really had. For example, "name a time someone took credit for something you did and described how you handled it."

1 Answer

The interview questions were mostly questions that wanted me to explain situations where I made mistakes. I felt they were looking more for faults to weed people out than good qualities.

110 of 318 Interview Questions