Payroll specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for payroll specialist

Payroll specialist Interview Questions

"As a payroll specialist, your organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills ensure the accurate processing of companies' payrolls. Employers will take interviews to learn about your knowledge in finance, how you contribute to a team, and how you provide good customer service. Know that having a CPP certification can give you a huge advantage, along with being informed in federal/state regulations and multiple payroll systems."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Are you good at working in a team?

2 Answers

You may want to mention what part you like to play in a team though; it's a great chance to explain that you're a natural leader.

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

What experience do you have with payroll?

1 Answer

Have you managed the entire payroll process from start to finish?

2 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

What would you do if on your first day you came in and had 60 emails and 20 voice mails and the phone was ringing off the hook?

1 Answer

Have you ever had to terminate anyone and how did you handle it?

1 Answer

How do you answer the employees complaining about their paychecks not correct?

1 Answer

Everyone was kind in the interviews. They have FOX NEWS playing in the lobby while waiting for your appointment which was rather daunting. i.e. "How can I ever work for someone with a FOX NEWS brainwashed mentality. That part was the scariest of all. They make you take a basic accounting principals written exam and then a 'Personality / Culture Examination' They won't tell you but I guess I failed the culture exam because after round 3 of interviews with the CEO and Board, they loved me but after the 'Culture Exam' I didn't hear back for a month. They did low ball the pay rate during discussion. In the end, I am happy that I wasn't selected. You see, my neighbor watches FOX NEWS religiously and we get into some heated arguments... I cannot imagine keeping my mouth shut when the CEO is of the same mindset. If you really want to work for them, learn how to cheat on the personality / culture fit exam.

3 Answers

How much will you require?

2 Answers

How do you handle situations where others are frustrated or upset, referring to the travelers you would work with in the case when something went wrong.

2 Answers

The interview questions were mostly questions that wanted me to explain situations where I made mistakes. I felt they were looking more for faults to weed people out than good qualities.

110 of 1,260 Interview Questions