People Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

People Operations Interview Questions

People operations interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How many people do you think Google screens every week ? How many people do you think in year?

2 Answers

Probably about 2 million people a year. It would break down to ~39,108 candidates per week. That's screening applications. As far as actually getting an interview, that number would be a lot less.

With questions like these, they're really trying to gauge your approach to problem solving. Think about what numbers are needed to answer a question like this. Google currently has around 50,000 employees. Let's assume they have an attrition rate of around 10% and a growth rate of around 5%. That means that they're going to need to replace around 5,000 employees, and their growth rate indicates they'll hire an additional 2500. In total, they'll probably hire ~7500 employees in the upcoming year. Let's say that it takes around 200 applicants for them to find the right one, so to hire 7500 employees, they'll need to look at 1.5 million applicants in that year. We can break that number down into applicants per week (1.5 million ÷ ~50), which comes out to around 30,000 applicants per week. But the number of applicants per week isn't always stable -- people might be more likely to apply for jobs in Q2, for example. So in any given week, you might expect the number of applicants to be somewhere between 15,000 and 45,000.

The Boss needs you to pre-screen 20 people a day, you know that it takes15mins to schedule and appointment, 30 mins to complete and assessment, and 15-30 mins to complete a follow up. Knowing this what would be your strategy to complete this tasks, and would there be any time left over?

1 Answer

Typical questions that you would answer during any interview

1 Answer

"The team likes you and we would like to take the next step but I would not like to pay you a salary. I want you to work for free and share all of your clients with us. And if you agree, we look forward to it!..."

Why should we hire you?

1 Answer

Interview questions were mostly about your experience with the OpenGov needs for this specific position. So, questions regarding your experience with compensation, benefits, owning projects from start to finish, implementing new processes, working with other teams and managers, HRIS systems, new hire orientation, etc.

1 Answer

In depth dive into my (candidate) background and experience. 'What were you hired to do at your previous position?' 'Who did you work with? What will they tell me were your biggest strengths and areas for improvement?'

How I heard about MeUndies? My methods of working. How I partner internally with key stakeholders. How I would operate if I were successful in securing the role.

110 of 192 Interview Questions