Pharmaceutical Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pharmaceutical Sales Interview Questions

"When interviewing pharmaceutical sales representatives, employers are looking for candidates with expert sales skills accompanied by a strong knowledge of pharmacology. Expect to answer a mix of technical questions about the uses and effects of different drugs as well as sales questions how you would go about marketing them to doctors. Although not mandatory, receiving certification as a Certified National Pharmaceutical Representative (CNPR) will ensure you walk into interviews with a competitive pharmacological background."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Tell about the time when you had to sale a product to someone who didn't know you.

1 Answer

I though this was a very elementary sales question. Any outside sales job is about prospecting potential clients through market research, obtaining meetings, and professionally pitching your product in ways that solve a prospects problem. I referred to a time I sold services to an entire board of directors. Perhaps I made it too difficult for a 3 minute response.

Tell me about a time you heard no over and over again, despite having a good rapport with the lead and how did you go about it?

1 Answer

Marketing provides a lot of resources to help you promote your product. Of all the tools you are provided with, which are most important to help you reinforce your message to the doctor? What % of time on your calls do you use the following tools: Visual Aid, clinical studies, any detail aids that are on your computer?

1 Answer

How would you handle a situation where a doctor cancels last second before a lunch and learn?

3 Answers

Tell me when you made a mistake

Give a product presentation

1 Answer

What is your greatest fault?

1 Answer

What would you consider the toughest sales job?

1 Answer

Do you know anything about medical compounding and what makes you think you are suited for this job? How will you go about making your sales?

1 Answer

'What ethical delima have you experienced?"

110 of 403 Interview Questions