Intern Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor
Intern Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

Intern Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

From retail to finance to medicine, every industry needs interns to provide additional support and assistance. Interview questions will vary greatly depending on the industry and role you are looking for. Expect to answer questions about how you work on teams and provide examples of any relevant work experience. To ace your interview, make sure to research the particular position you are applying for.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

I have 10 cards face-down numbered 1 through 10. We play a game in which you choose a card and I give you the corresponding dollar amount. a) What is the fair price of this game? b) Now, after picking a card you can either take the dollar value on the card or $3.50. Also, cards worth less than 5 are now valued at $0. What is the maximum price you are now willing to pay for the game?

9 Answers

Fair value is 5.5 2nd game: FV = (3.5 x 5 + 6 + 7 + 8 + 9 + 10)/10 = 4.75

You decide on taking the dollar value on the card or $3.50 *before* seeing the number on the card. And you get $5, if you open that card, not $0. So: 2nd game: (1/2)*3.5 + (1.2)*(1/10*[5+6+7+8+9+10]) = 4

3.5(.4) + (4.5)*.6 = $4.10 3.5 because this is what 40% will select, 4.5 as this is the avg of 5-10*1/10. There is not a 50% chance of selecting 3.5 @Your are WRong @ EASY. There is not a 10% chance of receiving $3.5 as numbers under 5 are worthless this will /should change your perspective.

Suppose you have two covariance matrices A and B. Is AB also a covariance matrix? Suppose that, by plain dumb luck, we also have that AB=BA. Is AB a covariance matrix under this additional condition?

12 Answers

Suppose you have 100 GB of data that you want to sort, but you only have 1 GB of memory. How would you sort this data?

8 Answers

I don't remember the hardest one, so here is one of the other questions from the perspective of the interviewer. Here is a coin game as follows. We each have three fair coins, and we flip all of them at once. After we flip them, we look at the outcomes. If we have the same number of heads out of our own coins I pay you $1 and if we have a different number you pay me $2. Do you want to play this game?

5 Answers

What motivates you?

3 Answers

Logical Reasoning Goal: The person to reach 50 first wins. Rules: Play with another person, say a number, and the other person can say any number upto 10 over your number.

3 Answers

Tell me a time when you were in a tough situation with a group project and how you dealt with it?

2 Answers

how to measure the highest floors from which you can drop an egg?

3 Answers

Why are you interested in working at our firm?

1 Answer

If i were to buy a company today and could only look at one F/S which one would i look at and why?

1 Answer