Systems Administrator Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

Systems Administrator Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

"Organizations count on systems administrators to ensure that their computers and software are fully functional. In an interview, expect technical questions that will test your ability to troubleshoot relevant computer issues. Because systems administrators often play the role of customer supporter, be prepared to answer a situational question about dealing with a difficult customer. In addition, make sure to highlight your interpersonal and communication strengths as well as your ability to clearly explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The interview questions were pretty average. Each person had questions written down but they didn't seem to be form questions. Average interview questions. The questions were not very technical

5 Answers

Your first impressions and interview questions aren't the norm for this company. Interviewing is usually very long, technical, huge variety of questions from different functional areas. You will hear a lot about the "unique culture" there but it's changed a lot over the years. Just be careful if you're offered the "commitment" and make sure to get all your questions answered. Good Luck!

Looking for full time employment

Want a change in my career

Questions quickly deviated from expected Unix/Linux topics, into experience with their partcular and obscure setup and questions about database management and operations (You have two registers with numbers in them and no scratch space or temporary storage. You need to exchange the two numbers and be able to reverse the operation). No DB management/operations requirements were listed on the job description.

1 Answer

What is the Best way you deal with a difficult Situation?

1 Answer

Tell me the difference between the start up steps of Windows and the startup steps of linux.

How are directories in Linux different from directories in Windows

1 Answer

Explain why I obtained my master's degree in Health Education and not Business Administration?

1 Answer

What is the Best way you deal with a difficult Situation?

1 Answer

Standard interview questions about my experience, growth and how it can be leveraged for their environment.

Typical questions about skillset and what a typical day for me looks like.

Tell me about any of your past experience relate to the operating of a specific network system?