Research Assistant Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Research Assistant

Research Assistant Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ

"When looking for a research assistant position, you can expect to be interviewed about your education in the field of research you are applying to, your clerical skills, and your ability to work independently under tight time constraints. The interview and job expectations as a research assistant will depend largely on the scientific field you intend to research, so be sure to look into the expectations of the professors or other senior level researchers you may end up working under. Most research assistant positions will require you to have at least a bachelor's degree in their respective fields."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The professor quizzed me on several technical aspects of a journal paper I was a co-author of. Most of them were manageable. He asked me what exactly my contribution was in that paper and why I was not first author on it.

1 Answer

I replied that the project was industry-funded and because I was a student at the time the industry I was working for did not share enough proprietary details with me like they did with my advisor who was the first author on the paper. As a result it was easier and much faster for my advisor to write the paper up and add me on as a second author despite the fact that I did all the experimental work that was featured in it. The rest of the interview was excellent and the Professor collected my references and then e-mailed them separately for recommendations. In ~4 weeks time I was hired.

Can you give me a time when you showed leadership in a past position?

What is the biggest challenge in your project?

What is your final goal?

1 Answer