Phone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Phone Interview Questions

interview questions shared by candidates

Phone Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

If you had 5,623 participants in a tournament, how many games would need to be played to determine the winner

60 Answers

Before I could figure that out, I'd need to know whether the # of participants represents the number of individuals on larger teams, or the number of teams

A specific numerical answer can be given, but there are multiple ways the tournament can be setup, for example, are there play-in games, byes, etc. I would think the question is being given to a manager to see how they think and process, and then come up with a specific numerical answer, as opposed to just a math problem.

It can be just one game. A huge mock battle.

How does a garbage collection system work? How will you prevent an object from being garbage collected? Write N-ary tree traversal code to search a node given a String key. How many JVM instances does a tomcat server have? How would it handle multiple applications with different versions of same api (for instance log4j)? Explain wait and notify. Explain Generics. What is the difference between a static class and a singleton class? Why do you want to work for Netflix?

2 Answers

When two Houskeers argue each other?What can you do by yourself?

1 Answer

Tell me what you did to increase sales at your current position.

2 Answers

The mock call. The interviewing managers called me from another room and pretended to be a client calling in asking about investments. They gave me a sheet with the client and company info on it to use during the call.

1 Answer

Unexpected question: Can you type while talking on the phone?

1 Answer

Why do you want to work at TWG?

1 Answer

What do you think of when you think of sales?

1 Answer

What would be a situation in which you had to diffuse an escalated customer call or interaction?

1 Answer

The job we contacted you about is being 'offered to a candidate in-house.' Would you like to interview for this [lower level] position instead ?

110 of 63 Interview Questions