Physical Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Physical Design Engineer Interview Questions

Physical design engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

You are give two flip-flops and there's an combination logic in between, the two flip-flops are driven by the same clock. You are provided with parameters of T_reg, T_logicmax, T_logicmin, T_setup, T_hold, etc. How to determine the cycle time and hold time of this circuits.

2 Answers

a very basic sequential logic interview question

T_reg + T_logicmax + T_setup = T_hold - T_reg (hold check)

You are provided with one XOR gate, one OR gate and one NOR gate. Please build a NAND gate.

3 Answers

CMOS Inverter , how to reduce the drive strength of Minimum size inverter

6 Answers

How to modify a two-input NAND gate to an inverter?

2 Answers

Draw an inverter. Then switch the position of NMOS and PMOS. Describe the circuit.

2 Answers

Draw a two-put NAND gate and size it, assuming the ratio of PMOS/NMOS is 2 in inverter. Then suppose two input are A and B for NMOS and PMOS. A is close to output and B is close to ground, input A change from 0 to 1 at t=t1, input B change from 0 to 1 at t =t1 (t1 > t0). Describe how the output change. Then input B changes from 0 to 1 first then input A changes from 0 to 1. Describe how the output changes. Are there any differences between these two scenarios?

2 Answers

VLSI lower power design techniques, FSM sequence detection, transistor layout, combinational circuit design, timing (setup, hold time), floorplanning, noise, crosstalk

Difference Between SRAM and DRAM

2 Answers

why did you quit your job ? i quit my job and was my personal decision . interviewer was too curious to know why what etc. Seemed he was more upset more than me and worried i quit my job after 10 years. I told him i just needed a change and i already have a offer. It did not make him happy still.

1 Answer

What's power gating and clock gating. Briefly explain setup time and hold time violation. Briefly describe what is physical design. Sequence Detector. And some questions about my project.

110 of 68 Interview Questions