Physician Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Physician Assistant Interview Questions

"Physician assistants work closely with doctors to provide patient care support. PA's execute many of the same medical duties as physicians, such as examining patients, making diagnoses, and assisting in surgeries. Employers are looking for candidates with a robust knowledge of the medical field and a strong sense of patient care. In order to practice, physician assistants must complete a two-year master's physician assistant program and pass the Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam. In preparation for your interview, make sure you know the difference between a physician assistant, medical assistant, and nurse practitioner, as these roles vary in duty, scope, and level of schooling."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Do you feel comfortable working without a physician in the office?

2 Answers

(was unsure how to answer at first had never worked without a physician in the same office) Answered yes.

I feel totally comfortable working without a physician in the office. I have been trained well and if a situation arises that I don’t know how to handle I’ll page for help.

How comfortable are you with teaching/precepting medical residents?

1 Answer

What is your background with Occupational Medicine?

1 Answer

None, really. I had the experience they were seeking, and my skills were transferable to the needs of the job. I was able to answer all interview questions easily.

2 Answers

How do I assert myself?

1 Answer

What do you hope to get from this institution.

1 Answer

Give us an example of when you had differences with a colleague.

1 Answer

If I was currently licensed with providers

1 Answer

How many patients can you see at one time?

1 Answer

Where are EKG leads placed (not the exact question, but pretty close)?

3 Answers