Physician assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for physician assistant

Physician assistant Interview Questions

"Physician assistants work closely with doctors to provide patient care support. PA's execute many of the same medical duties as physicians, such as examining patients, making diagnoses, and assisting in surgeries. Employers are looking for candidates with a robust knowledge of the medical field and a strong sense of patient care. In order to practice, physician assistants must complete a two-year master's physician assistant program and pass the Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam. In preparation for your interview, make sure you know the difference between a physician assistant, medical assistant, and nurse practitioner, as these roles vary in duty, scope, and level of schooling."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Do you feel comfortable working without a physician in the office?

2 Answers

(was unsure how to answer at first had never worked without a physician in the same office) Answered yes.

I feel totally comfortable working without a physician in the office. I have been trained well and if a situation arises that I don’t know how to handle I’ll page for help.

What is your background with Occupational Medicine?

1 Answer

How comfortable are you with teaching/precepting medical residents?

1 Answer

Q: How did you hear about us? Q: How much experience do you have?

2 Answers

Why are you interested in this job?

2 Answers

Describe a situation where yo had to make a difficult decision? How did you make the decision? How was the outcome?

2 Answers

What are your strengths and weaknesses?

2 Answers

If I would shadow the nurse practioner for the day to see if she liked me?

1 Answer

Why did you leave your position

1 Answer

What are your salary requirements?

110 of 365 Interview Questions