Financial Advisor Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA | Glassdoor

Financial Advisor Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA

"When hiring financial advisors, large banks and financial institutions are looking for finance-savvy candidates who have the knowledge, experience, and sales skills to grow a substantial clientele base. In an interview, be ready to participate in a sales role-play with a hypothetical customer as well as discuss how you've attracted new clients in the past. While no formal degree is necessary, a background in business, sales, or finance is preferred."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

When can you start?

Immediately

The most unexpected question was concerning my understanding of how I would have to make two to three hundred dials a week.

"When can you start?"

1 Answer

What are your strong attributes?

1 Answer

What are you strengths/weaknesses? Tell me the last time you convinced someone to do something.

No tricky questions. They were just trying to get a feel for my personality and if I could be successful in sales.

most of the questions were based on my history and prior performance academically and professionally

The main topic of conversation was sales experience/ability/interest. The job is 90% sales (a lot of cold calls).

Tell me a time when you had to give constructive criticism