Police Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Police Officer Interview Questions

Police officers play an integral role in maintaining peace and ensuring the safety, so employers will be looking for candidates with advanced communication skills and quick judgment. Come ready to discuss how you would diffuse conflict in an emergency as well as your knowledge of relevant laws. Be aware that police officers are often required to complete additional forms of assessment, such as passing a written examination, physical fitness and psychological test, and a background check.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What knowledge did I have about the Clery Act?

2 Answers

I had no experience with the Clery Act and did not know how it affected law enforcement on a college campus.

The Clery Act applies to college campuses in regards to crimes that are associated with the college, regardless if they were on, next, or off campus. It requires colleges to distribute and educate people about crime on campus each year as a measure of prevention.

You show up to a burglary call, your partner gets shot and falls to the ground while the burglar runs away. What do you do?

2 Answers

What is the role of computers in law enforcement reports?

Historical questions.

Nothing too technical..

1 Answer

No real difficult questions, just questions

1 Answer

How would you do your job as a police officer in case of emergency?

1 Answer

For a promotional interview, I was asked if I cook, and if so, how do I go about cooking a meal. I am a woman and I was told by a male co-worker also interviewing for the same position that he was not asked that question.

110 of 169 Interview Questions