Police Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Police Officer Interview Questions

Police officers play an integral role in maintaining peace and ensuring the safety, so employers will be looking for candidates with advanced communication skills and quick judgment. Come ready to discuss how you would diffuse conflict in an emergency as well as your knowledge of relevant laws. Be aware that police officers are often required to complete additional forms of assessment, such as passing a written examination, physical fitness and psychological test, and a background check.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is the role of computers in law enforcement reports?

1 Answer

The shift of submitting handwritten reports to using computers has eliminated the confusion due to incorrect spelling, grammar, and illegible handwriting. It makes it easier to make changes to the report after it has been completed and overall, improve the quality of the product.

You show up to a burglary call, your partner gets shot and falls to the ground while the burglar runs away. What do you do?

2 Answers

What knowledge did I have about the Clery Act?

2 Answers

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

1 Answer

Have you ever used unlicensed software or copied a friends music? This is going to be a zinger that most of today's applicants will likely take a hit on. Also the the polygrapher was insistant that I failed the question as to whether I had ever accepted money for sex... apparently he missed that part of poly school where they can distinguish between errant brain activity and a true lie.

1 Answer

Why do you want to be a Police Officer? Why would you make a good Police Officer? as well as scenario based decision making.

1 Answer

Have I ever committed a crime?

1 Answer

One thing I was asked was why G4S?

1 Answer

The past use of illegal drugs will be asked. If you are found to be untruthful, it will be discovered. Background investigators are very proficient.

110 of 138 Interview Questions